Position Description: Provides administrative support to the Executive Director (ED) to ensure they can efficiently accomplish organizational goals and objectives. Manages the ED’s communications and schedule and assists in ensuring effective meetings through drafting agendas, taking notes, and assigning and following up on action items. Assists the ED in financial record-keeping and reporting. Accomplishes administrative tasks and special projects as needed to support the policy advocacy and program goals of the organization. Part time, mostly work from home position
Compensation: $21-$24/hour, depending on experience. This is a part time position, with a maximum of approximately 20 hours per week and a flexible schedule. Benefits include generous vacation and paid leave.
Location: This is mostly a work-from-home position. The Executive Assistant can be located anywhere within driving distance of Syracuse, NY. The Executive Assistant will be expected to visit the AGREE office in Syracuse approximately once a week for on-site tasks and will also be expected to attend occasional in-person staff meetings in Syracuse, NY, once pandemic conditions permit.
Responsibilities to include:
- Execute a wide-range of administrative tasks as needed by the ED
- Assist in the accomplishment of the organization’s goals by providing administrative support for the organization’s programs, as directed by the ED
- Identify and implement strategies to effectively manage the ED’s time and accomplish their organizational goals and objectives
- Keep the ED’s communications and contacts organized and assist with managing the ED’s email and other communications
- Manage the EDs calendar, including scheduling meetings, confirming appointments, writing agendas, and arranging for transportation and accommodations
- Draft and format information for internal and external communication
- Organize and maintain the office filing system
- Handle basic bookkeeping tasks and assist in the preparation of financial reports
- Provide basic copy editing
- Takes on special projects as needed
- Experience as an executive assistant or other relevant administrative support experience
- A commitment to social and environmental justice (professional experience in the field of advocacy is not a requirement)
- Technically savvy and undaunted by new software or applications
- In-depth understanding of entire MS Office suite and Google Docs
- Ability to thrive and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time-management skills and the ability to manage details for multiple projects at once while working remotely
- Strong interpersonal skills, and an ability to keep organizational confidences and maintain positive working relationships with a variety of partners and contacts
About AGREE: Alliance for a Green Economy (AGREE) -- headquartered in Syracuse, NY within the unceded territory of the Onondaga Nation and the Haudenosaunee Confederacy -- works to bring about a just transition to 100% renewable electricity, heating, and transportation. We seek passionate, intelligent, and kind people who work well both independently and as part of a team, and who are ready to roll up their sleeves and get stuff done. AGREE is fiercely collaborative with other organizations and deeply committed to pursuing a renewable energy transition that is rooted in racial, economic, and social justice. Our work is focused on transforming New York State policy to move away from fossil fuels and nuclear energy, driving state resources toward effective and equitable community clean energy programs, and helping residents and businesses in Central New York make their own transition to clean energy. If you’re excited by a fast-paced working environment that matches the urgency of the crises we face; if you see the connections between our unjust energy system and other forms of injustice; and if you love to collaborate and strategize to bring about a better world, we invite you to consider joining our team.
AGREE is committed to building teams and partnerships that draw strength from a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We value lived experience and demonstrated skills. We are committed to actively working to maintain a positive and accepting work environment built on mutual respect that is free from discrimination and harassment. We unequivocally support the rights of LGBTQQIA+ people and encourage our staff to bring their whole selves to our work. We advocate for energy justice and believe in centering the voices of those most affected, and we strongly encourage BIPOC candidates to apply. We also note that we have no formal educational requirements for our positions, and we welcome candidates with non-traditional education pathways and relevant personal experience.
How to Apply: Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, and the position will be filled as soon as a qualified candidate is identified. Applicants should submit a letter of application, resume, and three professional references to email@example.com. The letter of application will be the most important determining document for who will be interviewed for the position. The letter should be no more than three pages long and should summarize relevant experience, skills, and qualifications. The letter should also discuss why the applicant is enthusiastic to work on this position.
Questions? Contact AGREE's Executive Director: firstname.lastname@example.org